NNPBC knows that nurses have felt the burden of working in the midst of a global pandemic. In an effort to reduce a financial burden on nurses, NNPBC has decided to reduce our annual fee for 2022, from $54.60 including GST to $41.99 including GST. This represents a cost savings to BC nurses of 23%. NNPBC remains a voluntary organization.
While we have reduced fees, NNPBC has expanded our services to continue to meet the evolving needs of our members.
- Free access to Telus MyCare for mental health and wellness
- Educational sessions and webinars
- Leadership courses
- Student and new grad courses
- Awards of Excellence
- Anti-Stigma workshops
- Government Engagement & Advocacy
- Ambassador Program
- Jobs board
- And more!
What does this mean for me in 2022?
- NNPBC has reduced its annual fee to $41.99 down from $54.60, representing a 23% decrease.
- NNPBC fees remain among the lowest of other health professional associations.
- Service offerings have and will continue to expand throughout 2022.
- As was the case in 2021, RNs, RPNs, NPs and employed students will continue to purchase professional liability protection from the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS) as well as their NNPBC membership during their initial registration or renewal through the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (the College).
- At the time of renewal (starting February 1, 2022), RNs, RPNs, NPs and employed students have two options for their CNPS professional liability protection:
(NNPBC membership + CNPS professional liability protection, inclusive of GST)
CNPS professional liability protection only
- $113.39 for RNs & RPNs
- $209.45 for NPs
- $92.35 for ESNs
(inclusive of GST)
- $92.40 for RNs, RPNs & ESNs
- $188.48 for NPs
- LPNs and non-practising nurses will be provided with the opportunity to choose to purchase NNPBC membership during their College renewal (starting February 1, 2022) or can do this at a later time via the NNPBC website. See our Fees and Purchasing page for more details.
|Regulated Profession||Annual Registration Fee||Association Fee||PLP Fee (administered by the Professional Association)||Total|
|RNs, RPNs, NPs||Ranges from $521.95 RNs, RPNs to $751.90 for NPs||$41.99 inclusive of GST through NNPBC||$71.40 inclusive of GST as part of the group rate for RNs, RPNs.
$167.47 inclusive of GST for NPs
|$635.34 (RNs, RPNs)
|LPNs||LPNs $521.95||$41.99 inclusive of GST||Currently paid through BCCNM||$563.94 (LPNs)|
|Dental Hygienists||$515.00||$399 (includes provincial & national association membership - also includes Basic PL insurance)||$17 (higher per-claim amount than basic)||$914.00 - $931.00|
|Midwives||$740.95||2.9% of MSP billings||$1,800.00||over $3,000.00|
|Naturopathic Physicians (naturopaths)||$1,810.00||$1,432 (includes provincial/nat'l association)||$50.00||$3,292.00|
|Occupational Therapists||$525.00||$57 - 228 (depending on how many years practicing)||$64 - $106||$643.00 - $859.00|
|Optometrists||$1,390.00||$2,815 (includes Canadian Association of Optometrists membership)||$3M per claim / $5M aggreg: $472;
$5M per claim / $5M aggreg: $587;
$10M per claim / $10M aggreg: $932
|$4,677.00 - $5,137.00|
|Pharmacy Technicians||$518.00||$200.00||Included in $200 fee||$718.00|
|Physical Therapists (physiotherapists)||$500.00||$319.82||$235 - $298||$1,054.32 - $1,117.82|
|Physicians and Surgeons||$1,715.00||$1,571.85 (excluding CMA)||$240 to $3,600 depending on specialty||$3,526.85 - $6,886.85|
|Psychologists||$1,200.00||$372.75||$275 - $350+||$1,847.75 - $1,922.75+|