National Nursing Week is celebrated each year as a way to recognize the vital role nurses play in health and wellness. As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19, nurses demonstrate leadership in the management of, response to and recovery from COVID-19. This week we celebrate your commitment.
Nursing Week Statements
For those on Facebook- to celebrate #NNW2021, NNPBC has created a frame for your Facebook profile photo!
It takes just a few simple steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Go to facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Search for NNPBC
- Select the frame (we created two options!)
Indigenous Nurses Day - May 10, 2021
What does Indigenous Health Nursing Mean To You? Learn more.
2021 Nursing Week Proclamation
How Can I Celebrate?
- Invite your nursing colleagues to a virtual potluck lunch to maintain social distancing, as a way to celebrate, network, and share.
- Use #NursingMatters #IND2021 #NationalNursingWeek #NNW2021 #WeAnswerTheCall on your social media accounts and consider a posting a story about your nursing career. Or, you may choose to share with us why you became a nurse. Tag @nnp_bc on Twitter and we'll retweet you!
- Invite a nursing leader to present at your workplace or in your community (virtually for now!).
- Create a 'thank you nurses' board at your work and invite non-nursing staff and patients/clients to say thanks to the hard-working nurses.
- Managers and leaders, show your thanks to the nurses you work with by writing personal notes of thanks to the nursing team.
- Plan a virtual lunch with a nursing colleague of a different designation. Talk about your work and what you do each day as a chance to bond and to learn from, with and about each other.