Education & Professional Development: Issues Workshop
Nurses have tremendous potential to influence transformative change in the healthcare system. As professionals, we encounter issues that affect our practice, communities and the patients and families we work with on a daily basis. However, in a complex health care system, it can be very challenging to identify and articulate an issue, and know who to approach to work towards a resolution.
The NNPBC Issues Workshop was designed to provide tools and tips to help registered nurses, nurse practitioners and nursing students develop the messaging and advocacy materials they need to identify, address and move towards resolution of an issue. By the end of the workshop, nurses and nursing students will have a greater understanding of:
- How to identify and advance an issue.
- The types of resources that can be used to research an issue.
- Tools that can be used to communicate and articulate an issue to colleagues, the public and decision and makers.
- How to identify key stakeholders and the varying levels of engagement.
- Social media tools to bring awareness to your issue.
If you are an educator, nursing student, or practicing nurse interested in hosting an Issues Workshop, please click here to fill out the Issues Workshop Request Form